Happy New Year (and good luck on those resolutions...)





So…2008 is over…Hello 2009! I can honestly say that 2008 was the worst year of my life…I lost my job, my car was stolen (and non-drivable) - - basically this year was just a huge debacle. The only thing that I’m missing from the job was the money itself (anyone got any ideas how you can get paid for doing absolutely nothing? Just asking…lol)

Towards the end of the year, I just basically threw up my hands and just said screw it, and I’ll wait until 2009 to get things popping. At the end of the day, you have to have a sense of humor about things and be positive, because no matter how bad things are, they can get worse. I find myself applying for jobs and looking at the most crazy ignorant stuff online (thanks to Monica Mingo for posting this video – you have no idea how this lifted my spirits…) this type of ISH keeps my spirits up and my stomach muscles sore from laughing!








So, I’m excited about 2009 being here! There’s so much that I want to do, and I have a whole year to get it done. Here’s a small glimpse of my list:

1. Get a new job and relocate to NYC (that interview is coming up REAL soon)
2. Pay off my car
3. Get out of debt and start a nest egg (didn’t realize the importance of this until I lost the gig)
4. Get in shape and lose a LOT of weight
5. To become a better cook
6. To be a nicer person
7. To take a racing class (yes I want to learn to drift like Vin Diesel on The Fast & the Furious)

My list is sooo long and I won’t torture you anymore…I guess my question is what keeps you focused on keeping your resolutions?

3 comments:

T.R.E.N.T. said...

well hopefully 2009 will be better for you. and i know how you feel about your music... im the same way about my car and music. good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

I'm already slacking on getting in shape, but I think I'm going to hire a trainer that way I'll have to excercise or else I'll be losing money.

I think the main thing that keeps me focused is affirmations. What I want may not come exactly when I want it to, but it will. If I can dream, I can do it.

Good luck with your list!

The Jaded NYer said...

What is my uncle doing on youtube?!

nah, let me stop... although now that song and video are forever etched in my memory. *sigh*

Hope your New Year is fruitful!!

Don't Jack my ISH!!!