Thoughts on New York City…


This past weekend, I had the pleasure of visiting New York City…I had a job interview and I decided to stay a couple of extra days and just relax…away from the family…just chill out basically. I didn’t get to do everything that I wanted to do (it was snowing & I was by myself), but while I was here, I had a really great time. Here are some reflections that I made while in NYC:

1. NYC is a bigger, more congested version of Chicago. I had never been to NYC before, so I based my assumptions about NYC on what I saw on TV. When the train came into Penn Station (the looonnngggest train ride EVER; forget trying to save money…I’ll fly next time!), the first thing that came into my mind was “Damn…I rode this long-ass Metra Ride (those in Chicago know what I'm talking about!)…this ain’t nothing but Chicago, just bigger!”

2. Surprisingly, the people aren’t rude. Another misconception. One of my
friends swore up and down that New Yorkers were rude as hell, but outside of one incident at the movie theater (and that was just an ignorant-ass kid, but that got nipped in the bud immediately…lol) I have to say that New Yorkers are cool people. Let’s just say that I’ve encountered more rude people living in Chicago…and I live here…go figure.

3. New Yorkers are aggressive. They have a whole different attitude about them. SWAGGER…and I love it. Chicago has it too, but we’re more laid back with it. New York…nah….they are very aggressive, and loud. I love listening to them talk…the accents are great. Everything is fast-paced…and I love it!

4. I can sooo see myself living here. The city is beautiful! I hope I get the job. I can’t wait! Hopefully I’ll be able to meet some people and have some fun!

3 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

C'mon to nyc girlie... hope the interview went well... And our winters are a lot milder than Chicago's.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about moving to NYC for a while now...I don't know...on the other hand I kind of want to be somewhere totally opposite of Chicago

SLC said...

@ Eb:

Thanks on the wishes...The weather was a lot milder...I'll definitely be back!

@ AJ:
I thought I wanted to move to LA...but I just wasn't feeling it. I wasn't feeling Atlanta either or Indianapolis...and I didn't know what other cities would be cool for what I wanted to ultimately. NYC seemed like the best option for me right now...What cities were you possibly looking to relocate to?

Don't Jack my ISH!!!