Waiting for the Other Shoe…

I guess things are possibly starting to look up…I talked to the branch manager at my bank and he very graciously spoke to me at great lengths about employment. He was a very encouraging brother and his kindness will always be appreciated. My cousin also sent me a very encouraging email and I must say that it did lift my spirits. I was able to catch up on some bills (don’t act like you don’t know how it is…lol…), and surprisingly, I was invited to complete a final interview for the NYC Teaching Fellows Program. The day that I got the email regarding my application status, I knew for sure 1000% - yes, ONE THOUSAND PERCENT sure that it was another rejection letter to go into the abysmal pile that is so high I could heat the house for weeks. To my surprise, it was a congratulations letter…OMG!

So the kid is off to NYC come mid January. I’ve never been, and I’m excited, but I must admit that I’m scared as hell. Not of the city itself (I’m always down for traveling), but of the prospect of the change that may be coming. Since I’ve graduated from college, I have gotten myself into quite a comfort zone and it’s a little overwhelming. This is the first time that I am traveling across the country all by myself (I suck, don’t I? hahaha)

With this situation, I find it very parallel to when I was going away to college. I just took off to a school that I never visited, just because I was ready for something new, just because it tickled my fancy. Back then, I didn’t care, I was just “RET TO GO.” I’ve just told a select few and while some of my friends/family that are really encouraging, others aren’t too enthusiastic.

I’m not afraid to fail…I’m just tired of hearing negative people and haters talk that ISH…Or getting that final rejection letter in the mail…That’s when you’re waiting for the other shoe to drop...



Playlist:
Donnie Hathaway – “Giving Up is Hard to Do & I’ll Love You More Than You’ll Ever Know”
The Isley Brothers – “Work to Do & Footsteps in the Dark”
(I’m in an Old School State of Mind right now…lol…)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in NYC! If you have any questions, let me know. That's my old stomping grounds ... I miss it dearly.

Good luck and congrats!!

Don't Jack my ISH!!!